I’ve tried a lot of chocolate chip cookie recipes and this is my favorite. These always turn out so pretty and you don’t even have to soften the butter. Plus, let’s be honest….nothing beats a chocolate chip cookie.
- 2 sticks melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Fun Options:
- Swap one cup of chips for one cup of M & M’s (use different colors for different holidays)
- Mix in 2-3 tablespoons of minced fresh herbs like rosemary (Really nice at Christmas)
- Swap one cup of chips for one cup mini peanut butter cups (Like the ones from Trader Joe’s)
- Mix in ½ cup finely chopped crystalized ginger
- Swap one cup of chips for mint chocolate chips, add 1 tsp of peppermint extract and a little green food coloring to make them into mint chocolate chip cookies!
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix up butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla and a stand mixer
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and add in three batches to the sugar mixture
- Scoop overstuffed scoops of dough with an ice cream scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper. I usually get 6 to a sheet
- Put a few well placed chips on top of each cookie if you’re feeling fancy
- Bake for 14-15 minutes or until barely brown on the edges
- Give them a few minutes to setup before you try and move them
In my house, if a cookie isn’t still gooey in the middle it is considered burnt. So, bake a little longer if you want a crispier cookie.